New: Advertisement Privacy and Explanations Page

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Topic New: Advertisement Privacy and Explanations Page

This is another important message relating to The E Club Social's Advertisements in the left sidebar:

As a type of organization, The E Club Family Websites, like any other organization, needed some revenue. On August 3, 2010, The E Club Family Websites applied and joined the Google AdSense program. With AdSense, I place these non-annoying banner ads, text and image, all over The E Club Family Websites, while complying with AdSense's specific Program Policies all the same.

As I have been surfing the web as an AdSense publisher, I noticed that there were many AdSense ads, already with a link to a Google page where you can report an advertising violation, but also with a link to a page in that site. Usually, the link displayed, "Sponsored Links", "Ads", etc., and they linked to a page in that site, explaining to users what the ads were. So, over time, The E Club Family Websites also had those pages. Now, even The E Club Social has one.

Yes. Today, I have created another HTML-based page, explaining what the AdSense advertisements, labeled "AdChoices", were. To make the page easily accessible for The E Club Social Guests and Members (to whom the ads are displayed to), I placed the following logo and words: Ad Information

The page explains how The E Club Family Websites and Google partnered up to display these ads on The E Club Family Websites, and how Google targets the ads to a user's interests. Also, the page has a link to a page where you can opt out of Google's cookies.

I hope you enjoy this new feature, Members! If you are a Moderator, you don't have to worry about it on here, but you should consider it on The E Club Family Websites, and other sites that use Google AdSense. You can find The E Club Social's Ad Information here: Ad Information. Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-TheEClub | View My Profile

/TheEClub
The E Club Social Platinum Participant
The E Club Social Platinum Participant

My Posts : 55

View user profile http://theeclub.info http://plus.theeclub.info/user/TheEClub

Back to top Go down